
Security Sources: 7 Security Forces Killed in Suicide Car Bomb Attack in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Security sources in Pakistan said at least seven security forces were killed in a suicide car bomb attack in the Bajaur region of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, near the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.
The incident occurred on the evening of Monday, 27 Dalu. Security sources told media that the attacker drove a vehicle packed with explosives into a checkpoint of the Frontier Corps. The checkpoint was located in a religious school building previously used by Taliban affiliates.
The sources added that the checkpoint building was completely destroyed, and the bodies of seven police and border force personnel have been recovered from the rubble so far. Additionally, one child was killed in a nearby house, and three others were seriously wounded.
The force of the explosion caused the roofs of neighboring houses to collapse, raising concerns over further civilian casualties.
Videos received by Afghanistan International from the scene show civilians in the dark of night attempting to pull people from the rubble. In one video, a person filming shouts, "He's alive!" upon finding a victim.
Pakistan has been experiencing a wave of deadly suicide attacks for months. In the latest incident, 32 people were killed in a suicide attack on a mosque in Islamabad.
Data from the South Asia Terrorism Portal indicates that 2025 was Pakistan's deadliest year in the past decade, with nearly 4,000 people killed in attacks and violent incidents across the country.
Pakistani officials and security analysts have repeatedly identified the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan as the main perpetrator behind the surge in violence, a group that Islamabad says has close ideological and military ties to the Afghan Taliban.
Attacks by the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan have sharply increased since the Afghan Taliban returned to power. The group seeks to overthrow the Pakistani government and establish a political and religious system similar to that implemented by the Taliban in Afghanistan.
More in Security

11 Killed or Wounded by Unexploded Ordnance in Nangarhar Over Past Three Months

Taliban Fighter Killed in Clash with Pakistani Forces: Sources

At Least 17 Killed in Three Separate Incidents in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province

Four Militants Killed in Pakistan’s Karachi Counterterrorism Raid
Reliable11 Killed or Wounded by Unexploded Ordnance in Nangarhar Over Past Three Months
Eleven people, mostly children, have been killed or wounded by unexploded ordnance in Nangarhar province over the past three months, according to the local security command spokesperson. Victims urge the Islamic Emirate to clear contaminated areas.
UnconfirmedTaliban Fighter Killed in Clash with Pakistani Forces: Sources
Local sources report a Taliban fighter from Sar-e Pol province was killed by Pakistani forces in Pakistan while active there, in an incident said to confirm Taliban presence with TTP. The report comes amid Pakistani claims of cross-border terrorism from Afghanistan, denied by the Taliban.
ReliableAt Least 17 Killed in Three Separate Incidents in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province
At least 17 people, including security forces, civilians, and militants, were killed in three separate incidents in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, amid rising violence attributed to the TTP. The attacks involved a vehicle bomb in Bajaur, an IED near a police station, and a clash in Shangla linked to threats against Chinese projects.
ReliableFour Militants Killed in Pakistan’s Karachi Counterterrorism Raid
Pakistani counterterrorism forces killed four militants in a raid in Karachi, seizing weapons and explosives while injuring two officers, officials said.