
At Least 17 Killed in Three Separate Incidents in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province
Pakistani army and a security official reported that recent attacks in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province targeted a security post and a police station.
The army stated on Monday that attackers rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into a wall near a post in Bajaur district, killing 11 security personnel and one young girl. The statement described the blast as causing "widespread destruction" to nearby residential buildings, resulting in the death of an "innocent young girl" and injuries to seven others. The army labeled the incident a "cowardly terrorist attack" attributed to the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), which Islamabad considers an "Indian proxy." Security forces killed 12 militants as they fled the scene.
An unnamed security official told Agence France-Presse that the car bomb struck the wall of a religious school.
In a separate incident, an improvised explosive device hidden in a rickshaw detonated near a police station, killing two civilians and wounding 17 others, according to the official.
In Shangla district, a search operation resulted in the deaths of three police officers and three militants, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police said in a statement. The militants were involved in attacks targeting Chinese citizens. The police noted that last March, five Chinese nationals working on a major dam project in Pakistan, along with their driver, were killed in a suicide bombing.
The police statement said the Monday operation was conducted due to "ongoing threats to the strategic highway corridor and Chinese development projects."
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa saw a rise in terrorist attacks last year. According to the Pakistan Center for Security Research's annual report, fatalities in the province increased from 1,620 in 2024 to 2,331 in 2025, a 44% rise.
More in Security

11 Killed or Wounded by Unexploded Ordnance in Nangarhar Over Past Three Months

Taliban Fighter Killed in Clash with Pakistani Forces: Sources

Four Militants Killed in Pakistan’s Karachi Counterterrorism Raid

Freedom Front claims attack on Taliban checkpoint in Kunduz
Reliable11 Killed or Wounded by Unexploded Ordnance in Nangarhar Over Past Three Months
Eleven people, mostly children, have been killed or wounded by unexploded ordnance in Nangarhar province over the past three months, according to the local security command spokesperson. Victims urge the Islamic Emirate to clear contaminated areas.
UnconfirmedTaliban Fighter Killed in Clash with Pakistani Forces: Sources
Local sources report a Taliban fighter from Sar-e Pol province was killed by Pakistani forces in Pakistan while active there, in an incident said to confirm Taliban presence with TTP. The report comes amid Pakistani claims of cross-border terrorism from Afghanistan, denied by the Taliban.
ReliableFour Militants Killed in Pakistan’s Karachi Counterterrorism Raid
Pakistani counterterrorism forces killed four militants in a raid in Karachi, seizing weapons and explosives while injuring two officers, officials said.
UnconfirmedFreedom Front claims attack on Taliban checkpoint in Kunduz
The Freedom Front of Afghanistan claimed responsibility for an attack on a Taliban checkpoint in Kunduz province that reportedly killed two Taliban fighters and wounded two others. Local sources confirmed an explosion in the area, but the Taliban has not responded.