
Trump: Members of 'Peace Committee' Pledge $5 Billion for Gaza Reconstruction
U.S. President Donald Trump stated that countries in his "Peace Committee" have pledged $5 billion for the reconstruction of the Gaza Strip and thousands of personnel to provide security there.
Trump made the announcement in a post on Truth Social, saying the commitments will be officially revealed at the committee's meeting in Washington on Thursday. Representatives from more than 20 countries, including some heads of government, are expected to attend.
According to estimates by the United Nations, World Bank, and European Union, rebuilding Gaza after two years of war will cost around $70 billion.
The October 10 ceasefire, mediated by the United States, calls for an international armed force to secure Gaza and the disarmament of Hamas. However, only a few countries have so far expressed willingness to join this force.
Trump said Peace Committee member countries have committed thousands of personnel to a UN-approved international stabilization force for Gaza but did not name the countries. He described the committee as "the most important international body in history."
Meanwhile, the Indonesian army stated it expects to prepare up to 8,000 troops by the end of June for a possible peacekeeping and aid mission, marking the first practical commitment to the proposed force.
Trump urged Hamas to "fully and immediately" disarm in line with the U.S. peace plan. Hamas disarmament is a key element of the ceasefire's second phase, reached in October between Israel and Hamas with U.S. mediation. Under the plan, Israeli forces would gradually withdraw from Gaza, to be replaced by an international security force after Hamas disarms.
Hamas has said it might consider handing over its weapons to a future Palestinian government but stressed that disarmament remains a "red line."
Despite the ceasefire, both sides accuse each other almost daily of violations. Gaza health officials, operating under Hamas administration, report more than 590 Palestinians killed in the Strip since the ceasefire began. Israel states that four of its soldiers have been killed in Palestinian militant attacks during the same period.
Know more about this story?
If you have additional information or believe something is inaccurate, let us know. Your tips help us stay accurate.
More in International

Greece, Germany, Netherlands, Austria and Denmark agree to establish migrant return centers outside EU

Pakistan Launches Extensive Raids on Undocumented Afghan Migrants' Homes in Islamabad and Nearby Areas

Islamic Emirate Envoy in Doha Highlights Historical Ties with Qatar, Seeks Expanded Cooperation

Trump directs US federal agencies to identify and release UFO, UAP and alien life documents
ReliableGreece, Germany, Netherlands, Austria and Denmark agree to establish migrant return centers outside EU
Greece is partnering with Germany, the Netherlands, Austria and Denmark to establish migrant return centers outside the EU, likely in Africa, as announced by Migration Minister Thanos Pleuris. The initiative aims to handle rejected asylum seekers and includes upcoming talks with Pakistan on returns amid declining illegal entries to Greece.
UnconfirmedPakistan Launches Extensive Raids on Undocumented Afghan Migrants' Homes in Islamabad and Nearby Areas
Pakistani security forces conducted raids on undocumented Afghan migrants' homes in Islamabad, Rawalpindi and other areas, inspecting hundreds of residences amid stricter identity checks and ongoing deportations of thousands daily.
ReliableIslamic Emirate Envoy in Doha Highlights Historical Ties with Qatar, Seeks Expanded Cooperation
Suhail Shaheen, acting ambassador of the Islamic Emirate in Doha, highlighted longstanding ties with Qatar and called for expanded cooperation in investment, trade, education and health. Experts and a prior Qatari official statement underscore Qatar's bridging role in Afghanistan's diplomacy and aid efforts.
ReliableTrump directs US federal agencies to identify and release UFO, UAP and alien life documents
Donald Trump has instructed US federal agencies to identify and release government documents on UFOs, UAPs and alien life, following comments by Barack Obama affirming the existence of extraterrestrials.