Iranian Deputy FM Says Tehran Ready for Compromises to Reach Nuclear Deal with US

Iranian Deputy FM Says Tehran Ready for Compromises to Reach Nuclear Deal with US

Amu TV|
Reliable

Majid Takht-Ravanchi, Iran's deputy foreign minister, said in an interview published Sunday that Tehran is prepared to make compromises to reach a nuclear agreement with the United States if Washington is willing to negotiate the lifting of sanctions.

Iran has previously stated it would negotiate curbs on its nuclear program in exchange for sanctions relief but has repeatedly rejected linking the issue to other matters, such as its missile program.

Takht-Ravanchi confirmed that the second round of nuclear talks will take place Tuesday in Geneva, following the resumption of discussions between Tehran and Washington in Oman earlier this month.

"The initial negotiations progressed more or less in a positive direction, but it is too early to judge," the deputy foreign minister told the BBC.

A source told Reuters on Friday that a U.S. delegation including Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner, envoys of President Trump, will meet with Iranian officials Tuesday morning, with Omani representatives mediating the U.S.-Iran contacts.

The head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization stated Monday that the country could agree to dilute its stockpile of enriched uranium in exchange for the lifting of all financial sanctions.

Know more about this story?

If you have additional information or believe something is inaccurate, let us know. Your tips help us stay accurate.

InternationalIran-US nuclear talksMajid Takht-RavanchiGeneva negotiationsOman mediationsanctions

More in International